Birmingham, West Midlands (with Hybrid working)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our Digital Team in Birmingham.
- Salary of c.£34,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Business Analyst, you will perform analysis across many business areas and Digital services.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team, you will shape services and business processes in order to resolve problems and develop opportunities for new services.
You will collect and analyse evidence to ensure business needs are clearly defined and understood, before creating and re-designing business processes.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensuring that the business needs are being met throughout the product lifecycle
- Maintaining a clear audit trail
- Developing and understanding of our users and their needs
- Collecting, monitoring and analysing data from our digital services
- Identifying trends, patterns and escalation points
To be considered as a Business Analyst, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement
- Experience of providing insight, guidance and advice to business areas to define the “Whys” in relation to a business need, problem or opportunity
- The ability to utilise proven techniques to analyse information
- The ability to ensure that a technical solution meets business and user needs and acceptance criteria
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Other organisations may call this role ERP Systems Analyst, ERP Specialist, ERP Implementation Analyst, Digital Business Analyst, or BA.
The closing date for applications is the 2nd December 2021.
Please note, we are working towards a hybrid working model and are very open to discussing what will work for you.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
So, if you’re seeking a fresh opportunity as a Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.