Senior Regulatory Caseworker
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for two Senior Regulatory Caseworkers to join our Licensing Department and support the licensing process for the UK gambling industry.
- Salary of c£29,500 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Senior Regulatory Caseworker, you will be tasked with joining a team of Senior Regulatory Caseworkers responsible for assessing licences against the requirements of holding a GB licence.
You will work to raise standards and ensure consumers are protected from gambling harm, managing high-risk operator accounts and building relationships with those operators. Assessing complex licence applications, you will analyse a wide range of information to make evidence and risk-based decisions which are able to withstand challenge both internally and externally.
Your role will also involve:
- Delivering great service and protecting consumers
- Assessing and proactively investigating licence applications
- Making evidence-led decisions about whether businesses/people are suitable to enter the GB gambling market
- Identifying trends and issues
- Proactively managing high-risk operator accounts to ensure their continued suitability to hold a licence and uphold the licensing objectives
- Working with the wider Licensing team and contributing to the team’s performance
- Mentoring, training and supporting colleagues to achieve results and working effectively as a team
To be considered as a Senior Regulatory Caseworker, you will need:
- Analytical and decision-making capability with experience of investigating complex company structures including but not limited to financial and legal information
- The ability to effectively manage deadlines in a dynamic environment, including planning and organising personal work
- The ability to interpret legislation to provide advice and inform decision-making with attention to detail including experience of writing detailed case assessments, letters and reports which contain complex information; and carrying out quality assessments on the decisions made by less experienced colleagues
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, together with experience of building and proactively managing effective stakeholder relationships through advice and engagement and excellent customer service
- Excellent numerical written and verbal skills and competent using multiple IT applications, including databases and CRM systems
- To be a team player who is inclusive and supportive, able to give and receive feedback where appropriate and welcomes the opportunity to learn and develop
- To be adaptable and comfortable with change and the continual improvement that is required to be a successful risk-based regulator
Experience of working with regulatory processes, procedures, and legislation would be beneficial to your application. An understanding of the gambling sector would also be an advantage, as would an awareness of data protection and freedom of information principles.
Other organisations may call this role Regulatory Licensing Officer, Regulatory Licensing Account Caseworker, Applications Caseworker, or Licensing Applications Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 1st August 2021.
Interviews for this role will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams on the week commencing the 16th August 2021.
It is anticipated that we will go back into the office on a flexible agile basis from September.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Regulatory Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.