Licensing Regulatory Caseworker
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for two Licensing Regulatory Caseworkers to join us on a permanent basis or on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
- Salary of c£23,500 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential.
Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Licensing Regulatory Caseworker, you will assess applications for gambling licences from individuals and organisations who wish to operate within the industry.
Taking an outcome-focused approach, you will proactively manage your accounts and strive to exceed service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyse and research evidence that covers financial and legal information
- Make an informed, risk-based decision regarding the suitability of applicants
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
To join us as a Licensing Regulatory Caseworker, you will need:
- Experience of providing excellent customer service including building effective stakeholder relationships
- Experience of writing case notes and excellent attention to detail
- The ability to interpret financial and non-financial information, as well as legislation to provide advice and inform decision making
- The ability to work proactively and manage conflicting deadlines in a dynamic environment
- The ability to think analytically and have strong decision-making capabilities
- To be IT literate and competent using multiple systems
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to build your sector knowledge regarding regulatory information
- An adaptable approach and the ability to identify areas for continuous improvement
Other organisations may call this role Account Manager, Regulatory Licensing Officer, Regulatory Licensing Account Co-ordinator, Applications Caseworker, or Licensing Applications Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 16th August 2020.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype and inductions will be handled remotely if necessary.
So, if you’re looking to advance your career as a Licensing Regulatory Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.