Part Time Senior Forensic Accountant
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We’re currently looking for two Senior Forensic Accountants to join us in home-based capacities for 12 month, fixed-term contracts. We are offering this role to candidates from across the country as there is no requirement to visit our head offices in Birmingham.
- Salary of circa £58,000 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Senior Forensic Accountant, you will work as part of our Enforcement and Licensing Teams and will play a critical role in keeping our organisation up to date with the gambling industry. You will assess new entrants to our market and hold illicit gambling operators to account.
The teams assess and manage high volumes of evidence and use it to inform the direction of our investigations. Using your background in financial audits, financial reporting systems, accounting and auditing standards and procedures, you’ll analyse data for fraud, gather evidence and investigate breaches of licence agreements.
Additionally, you will:
- Examine and identify improper practices relating to company records, annual returns and statutory filings, financial audits and financial data
- Coach and empower your team to aim high and achieve
- Conduct detailed and thorough examinations of financial information and legal documents
- Identify anomalies, areas of concern and any evidence of regulatory breaches or criminal offending
- Support the implementation of change initiatives to support organisational culture and performance improvement in line with our Ways of Working
To be considered as a Senior Forensic Accountant, you will need:
- An accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent) with at least six years’ experience in the Forensic Accounting practice area
- A background in financial audits, financial reporting systems, accounting and auditing standards and procedures
- Experience of carrying out detailed research of a variety of open sources, gathering and analysing complex info with a careful and methodical approach in recording info and preserving evidential integrity
- Experience of liaising with regulatory bodies, legal teams, witnesses and relevant law and/or enforcement bodies, drafting expert reports
- Team management experience
- The ability to prioritise and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines and deliver the highest level of quality work
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels up to and including the Board
- The ability to conduct detailed and thorough examinations of financial information with a view to identify anomalies, areas of concern along with any evidence of regulatory breaches or criminal offending
Experience within the public sector would be beneficial to your application.
We are open to part time applications working three or four days per week.
We are also eager to hear from suitably qualified and experienced candidates who have held the role of Chartered Accountant, Accountant, Management Accountant, Accounts Manager, Financial Accountant, Finance Manager, or Financial Controller.
The closing date for applications is the 18th June 2021. Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to change the closing date, depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Forensic Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.