Business Administration Apprentice (FTC)
Birmingham, West Midlands (with hybrid working)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are seeking to appoint a Business Administration Apprentice to support the Governance team and Executive Assistant to the Chair. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at C-Suite level, supporting with highly experienced senior leaders.
The Governance and Assurance Administrator will be part of the Governance Team and will be involved in a wide range of high-profile and often sensitive Commission business. The Administrator will support the management of the Chair’s diary and correspondence, complaints handling, and the organisation of board level meetings and regulatory hearings. For the right candidate, there will also be opportunities to get involved in other projects in the team and more widely across the Commission.
- Salary of c£19,000 per annum
- Civil service pension, with an employer contribution rate of 27.1%
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
- 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
To qualify for this apprenticeship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18+ and living in England
- Not already be in full-time education at the point of enrolment
- Not already holding a qualification at the same level or above in Business Administration or a similar subject
To be considered as an apprentice within the Governance team you will have:
- Commitment to the apprenticeship programme
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence in presenting to a small interview panel (required for end of point assessment)
- Practical and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Initiative to ask questions
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages and email
- The ability to be discreet and ensure confidentiality at all times
- Team player and committed to the Commission’s Ways of Working
How the apprenticeship works
The role is offered as an 18-month fixed term contract to complete the apprenticeship programme, comprising trainer support once every 4 weeks, progress reviews every 10 weeks (assessed through assignments, observations, discussions and questions) and an end point assessment based on a knowledge test, portfolio-based interview and a project/improvement presentation.
We will commit to supporting you through the Level 3 apprenticeship by providing opportunities, training and regularly engaging with your apprenticeship provider.
The closing date for the role is 10th October 2022.
If you are interested in becoming a Business Administration Apprentice, please select the apply button shown.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.