People Services Co-ordinator
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a People Services Co-ordinator to join our team in Birmingham and support the people aspects of our organisation
- Salary of c£24,500 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a People Services Co-ordinator, you will deliver a range of activities to support the people elements of the Commission. Specifically, this will include payroll, recruitment, onboarding, contract production and learning events.
Providing excellent service managers, colleagues and suppliers, you will co-ordinator processes and work as part of a team to ensure that services are delivered efficiently.
Your role will involve:
- Responding to all first line queries via our dedicated support request service
- Administering payroll
- Responding to pension and benefit related queries
- Co-ordinating onboarding activities
- Producing contracts
- Ensuring the accuracy of people data held within our people systems
To be considered as a People Services Co-ordinator, you will need:
- A working knowledge of administration, ideally associated with Payroll, Recruitment, Training and HR processes.
- Some experience of working with HR Information Systems
- Experience of organising events
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and external providers
- A highly organised approach and the ability to work efficiently, prioritising as required
- A good level of Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team working skills
- Accuracy and an eye for detail coupled with the ability to complete work, at pace to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
The ability to interpret and present people data would be beneficial to your application.
Experience of skills in providing low-level advice and support to managers in dealing with policy related queries would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role HR Co-ordinator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Co-ordinator, Human Resources Assistant, Employee Relations Assistant, or ER Assistant.
The closing date for applications is the 26th September 2021.
Interviews for this role will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
Please note, we are working towards a hybrid working model and are very open to discussing what will work for you
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a People Services Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.