Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Manager to join our Regulatory Delivery function and act as a gatekeeper of licensing objectives.
- Salary of circa £33,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday per annum
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Regulatory Manager, you will be tasked with managing a group of colleagues and delivering licensing work and resources, ensuring the suitability of those who wish to hold a GB gambling licence.
You will seek to raise industry standards and ensure consumers are protected from harm.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage, support and lead a productive team
- Identify key development needs and ensure that capability in the team is enhanced
- Be responsible for the operational management of the Licensing Team
- Act as a member of, and support, multi-disciplinary teams across the Commission
- Ensure the effective and efficient deployment of resources
- Identify and mitigate risks to the licensing objectives and the reputation of the Commission
- Lead project teams and evaluate and present results with recommended actions
- Advocate for positive change and continuous improvement
- Develop and analyse management information to drive and improve the team’s performance
- Raise standards in the quality of decision-making capability through coaching and support
- Ensure consumers’ interests are at the heart of everything we do
- Work with your peers to help create a great place to work by coaching and supporting colleagues
To be considered as a Regulatory Manager, you will need:
- Experience of risk management and oversight of risk-based decision making within a regulatory framework
- Evidence and risk-based decision-making capability with experience of interpreting complex information such as financial and legal
- A track record of working effectively in a team and experience of developing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- The ability to effectively manage colleagues using coaching and mentoring to enhance performance, critically assessing their work to meet quality targets and agreed deadlines
- An understanding of organisational governance and how to manage escalations within Licensing and across departments
- Project management skills with experience of lean methodologies and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- The ability to interpret legislation, build on industry knowledge and keep abreast of emerging trends and issues
Other organisations may call this role Regulatory Specialist, Regulatory Team Manager, Compliance Manager, Licensing Manager, Regulatory Licensing Specialist, or Licensing Compliance Specialist.
The closing date for this role is the 30th November 2020.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Regulatory Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.