Data Management Analyst
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are now looking for a Data Management Analyst to join our Data Team in Birmingham and play a vital role in supporting the development of the systems and processes needed to effectively manage our data.
- Salary of c£25,000
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining our Data Team means translating some of the most interesting and exciting policy data into insight that underpins how we protect consumers and the public.
As data becomes an ever more important part of our work, the team are delivering an ambitious strategy to maximise our capability in this area. You’ll work with the latest tools and technology and collaborate with senior leaders to unlock the potential in our data and amplify our reach.
As a Data Management Analyst, you will be tasked with working on a range of data management tasks to ensure that our data remains fit for purpose.
Your key areas of focus will be include supporting the development and implementation of our data governance arrangements and identifying and fixing data quality issues. You will also work with our IT team to make sure the business is getting the data it needs.
Your role will also involve:
- Identifying data quality issues and conducting root-cause analysis to prevent them at source
- Supporting cleansing activities with detailed rules-based data-profiling
- Producing data management tools and resources, including data catalogues and models
- Ensuring effective data governance arrangements are in place
To be considered as a Data Management Analyst, you will need:
- Experience in a data management role
- Knowledge of data quality approaches and tools
- Knowledge of data governance approaches and tools
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- The ability to complete tasks with independently and proactively
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a range of stakeholders
Experience in the gambling industry or regulatory environment would beneficial to your application, as would experience with data profiling tools such as Paxata. Experience with PowerBI or equivalent software would also be desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Data Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Business Data Analyst, Information Analyst, Data Governance Analyst, or Data Insight Analyst.
The closing date for this role is the 19th January 2020.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Data Management Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.