Established under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission (the Commission) is the regulator for commercial gambling and lotteries in Great Britain, including the UK National Lottery. Since its launch in 1994, the National Lottery has raised more than £43 billion for 635,000 good causes, transforming lives through its contribution to the arts, sport, heritage, and communities up and down the UK. The Gambling Commission is the UK’s independent, statutory body responsible for awarding the licence to run the National Lottery.
We are currently looking for a Programme Management Office (PMO) Lead to join our team on a fixed-term contract until April 2024 (with the possibility of extension). The role will be operating on a hybrid basis with travel to Birmingham/London when required.
The Third National Lottery licence is due to expire at the end of January 2024. Working on the Fourth National Lottery Licence Competition Programme the PMO Lead will contribute to the successful transition, which runs from the award of the licence to the Incoming Licensee through to the commencement of the Fourth Licence at the start of February 2024.
- Salary of c£55,000 per annum
- Civil service pension, employer contribution rate of 27.9%
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
- 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
You will support the 4NLC Programme Director and the Senior Responsible Owner in ensuring the programme successfully delivers to time, cost and quality parameters. You will be responsible for driving progress against the plan, ensuring all milestones are met.
Your role will also involve:
- Leading a team responsible for overall Programme Risk Management, Planning, Governance and Reporting.
- Coordinating the work of the workstreams and ensuring dependencies and risks to delivery are properly identified, negotiating resources to support workstreams and ensure priorities are clearly understood.
- Recruiting, developing and coaching colleagues, motivating them to achieve their objectives, deliver excellent PMO services, working effectively as a team.
- Facilitation and planning of any Full Business Case amendments, assurance activities and IPA Gate / Critical Friend reviews.
- Internal and external (e.g. DCMS / HMT) stakeholder engagement activity.
- Experience of leading on the planning and co-ordination of programme assurance activity and engaging with governance bodies to enable programme delivery.
- Experience of leading the development and assurance of the programme business case, managing the inputs from internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Significant experience of programme and project management using recognised approaches and methodologies; graduate of PLP or departmental equivalent, is desirable.
- Excellent team working skills and proven written skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to influence and negotiate with senior colleagues.
The closing date for this role is 9th October.
PLEASE NOTE: incomplete applications will be discounted from short-listing. Please ensure your application is fully completed and submitted before logging out of your account.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
Webrecruit and the Gambling Commission are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a new role as a PMO Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.