Regulatory Delivery Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Delivery Manager to join our team in Birmingham and play a key role in our delivery work.
- Salary of c£38,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Regulatory Delivery Manager, you will be tasked with translating gambling regulation into action and ensuring that the industry understands and adheres to gambling legislation.
Working as part of the Compliance Team, you will specifically be responsible for developing and delivering a programme of activity that raises standards in the gambling industry through education and collaboration. You will also take part in licensee testing to ensure consumers remain protected.
Your role will involve:
- Ensuring policy is implemented effectively
- Devising new ways to regulate a continually changing landscape
- Identifying the issues and areas that we want to emphasise through our regulatory work
- Co-ordinating and managing multiple engagements with Licensees
- Identifying what resources are needed to deliver the programme
- Leading project teams and evaluating, reporting on and presenting results
- Working with colleagues across the GC to identify those risks and target activity accordingly
- Manage compliance engagements and act as resource manager for a team of compliance colleagues
To be considered as a Regulatory Delivery Manager, you will need:
- Experience of designing and delivering materials to improve knowledge and understanding and to facilitate collaboration
- Experience of managing project work and managing relationships
- Demonstrable knowledge or understanding of risk-based regulation
- To be adaptable and comfortable with change and the continual improvement that is required to be a successful risk-based regulator
- Excellent presentational and writing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Interviewing and auditing skills and the ability to communicate with senior officers and legal advisors for large organisations
- The ability to critically assess the work of colleagues and ensure that colleagues are working to deadlines and producing a high-quality of work
- Attention to detail in all your work but also be able to complete work at pace, within tight deadlines
- The willingness to travel
Other organisations may call this role Regulatory Specialist, Regulatory Team Manager, Compliance Manager, Licensing Manager, Regulatory Licensing Specialist, or Licensing Compliance Specialist.
The closing date for applications is the 19th September 2021.
Interviews for this role will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
Please note, we are working towards a hybrid working model and are very open to discussing what will work for you
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
To apply for the role of Regulatory Delivery Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.