Would you like to be a part of the team shaping the future of the National Lottery, an asset that contributes billions of pounds to good causes? The current UK National Lottery licence is due to expire in 2024 and the Gambling Commission is running the competition to award the next licence.
We are responsible for regulating the National Lottery, and we have three overriding statutory duties which underpin the licence competition:
- To ensure the National Lottery, and every lottery that forms part of it is run and promoted with all due propriety.
- To ensure the interests of every participant in a Lottery are protected.
- Subject to the above two duties, to do our best in making sure that the net proceeds of the National Lottery are as great as possible.
The Commission has a strong track record of safeguarding the National Lottery and ensuring that it is run with integrity, protects players, and maximises contributions to good causes. This is a unique chance to be a part of one of the most rewarding and exciting programmes in recent history.
We are currently looking for Project Management – Finance Support to work on our 4th National Lottery Competition Programme. This role is on a fixed-term basis until January 2024. The role will be operating on a hybrid basis with travel to Birmingham/London when required.
As part of the team delivering the transition to the Fourth National Lottery Licence, Finance Support will support activities required to enable regulation of the new licence, including recruitment, organisational design and regulatory process development.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for an analyst with experience of supporting transformation programmes to join the team that will oversee the transition from the current National Lottery licence to the new fourth licence, with a specific focus on preparing the Gambling Commission for regulating the new licence.
Areas of responsibility for Finance Support will include:
- Maintaining internal programme documentation to ensure that forecasts and supplier payments conform to organisational reporting policies, templates, and standards
- Providing regular and in-depth support to Contract Owners to ensure that all programme forecasts are updated in a timely and accurate manner
- Overseeing the timesheet process to ensure that the Finance Business Partner has accurate and timely information as required to track actual spend against forecasts and budgets
- Providing Senior Leadership Team and Finance Business Partner with support modelling potential costs for external and internal resources
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure that organisational financial control policies are applied consistently across the progress, enabling central finance reporting to function as required
- Salary of c£35,000 per annum (plus £3,000 London Weighting if applicable)
- Civil service pension, with an employer contribution rate of 27.1%
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday with the option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Closing date for this role is 2 October 2022.
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Joining the Commission means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
Other organisations may call this role PM, Project Co-ordinator, Assistant Project Manager, Assistant PM, Project Officer, Project Support Officer, or Junior Project Manager.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.