Project Data Analyst - 2 Year FTC
Based in Birmingham or London (currently remote)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Project Data Analyst to join our team on a two year fixed-term contract.
- Salary of £30,000 per annum (with £3K London Weighting if London based)
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Working as part of the Fourth National Lottery Licence Competition (4NLC) team means being part of building one of the most exciting competitions in recent history. Preparing for the next licence, the team is developing the competition and associated regulation to determine who will run the National Lottery when the current licence ends.
Society has changed so much since this was last renewed. With the rapidly digitising economy, this competition presents the perfect opportunity to build a National Lottery that works in today’s digital world. Your work here will be instrumental in making sure that the future National Lottery is fair, safe and continues to maximise returns to good causes, supporting the arts, heritage, sport and communities across the UK.
As a Project Data Analyst, you will manage the applicant portal, which is the interface for all applicants who are bidding to win the 4NLC.
Supporting the Competition Back Office (CBO), this role is critical in helping to run a healthy and fair competition to ensure the National Lottery continues to deliver significant returns to good causes for the next licence period and beyond.
Specifically, you will:
- Collect, analyse and manage data from a range of sources, ensuring they correlate, reconcile and are validated
- Summarise and present data and conclusions in a variety of formats
- Liaise with applicants on all aspects of their application, including publishing key data on a regular basis, with a strong focus on excellent Information Management and the security of confidential information
- Manage a SharePoint library for the CBO
To join us as a Project Data Analyst, you will need:
- Data management experience, including an understanding of data sources, data organisation and storage
- Project management skills and the ability to work with stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver findings
- Advanced MS Excel and SharePoint skills, including the ability to manage complex linking spreadsheets with large numbers of formulae (particularly VLOOKUPs) and pivot tables
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
Other organisations may call this role Data Analyst, Project Systems Analyst, Project Analyst, Analyst, Project Data Officer, or Programme Data Analyst.
The closing date for applications is the 8th March 2021. Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Data Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.