Project Delivery Manager
London or Birmingham (currently home working)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Project Delivery Manager to join our teams in Birmingham or London.
- Salary of c£40,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Working as part of the Fourth National Lottery Licence Competition (4NLC) team means being part of building one of the most exciting competitions in recent history. Preparing for the next licence, the team is developing the competition and associated regulation to determine who will run the National Lottery when the current licence ends.
Society has changed so much since this was last renewed. With the rapidly digitising economy, this competition presents the perfect opportunity to build a National Lottery that works in today’s digital world. Your work here will be instrumental in making sure that the future National Lottery is fair, safe and continues to maximise returns to good causes, supporting the arts, heritage, sport and communities across the UK.
As a Project Delivery Manager, you will be a key member of the Programme Management Team, selecting the operator of the next National Lottery licence. You will focus on the delivery of the programme, ensuring it proceeds to plan and contributes to the overall outcomes of the programme.
Working with the Programme Team, you will review the detailed delivery plan to ensure it is deliverable and fine tune where required. You will use the plan to drive delivery, co-ordinate dependencies, remove blockages, expedite actions, escalate issues, report progress and assure stakeholders delivery is being achieved.
You will also work within the PMO, taking responsibility for driving delivery across the programme to ensure workstream delivery is progressing to plan. You will support the Senior Planning Manager, reporting progress and escalating issues to ensure the overall programme plan remains on schedule.
Your role will also involve:
- Contribute to the improvement of the 4NLC team and Commission’s programme
- Proactively anticipating individual team and programme risks and creating plans to mitigate their likely impact
- Dealing with issues promptly and making decisions confidently within your responsibility or ensuring timely escalation
- Helping to develop the transition management framework
- Developing progress and performance reporting
To be considered as a Project Delivery Manager, you will need:
- Strong knowledge of programme and project management using recognised approaches and methodologies (e.g. Prince 2, MSP, Agile)
- Direct experience of driving project and/or programme delivery
- Confidence and experience in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to lead continuous improvement of project management practices and supporting colleagues in new ways of working
Experience of supporting large-scale transition programmes running over a multi-year period would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of large scale Government procurement programmes. Qualifications in Project Management are also desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Programme Manager, Project Office Manager, Project Operations Manager, Project Lead, Programme Lead, Project Team Manager, Project Delivery Manager, or Public Sector Project Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 10th May 2021.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you are ready to take your next step and take on a vital role as a Project Delivery Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.