ICT Desktop Support Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for an ICT Desktop Support Engineer to join our Digital and Technology Team and take part in projects and new services to enable colleagues across the Commission to do their jobs to a high standard.
- Salary of c£25,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
The team are an integrated part of the wider Commission so no matter what your role, you won’t be confined by your job title and will have plenty of opportunities to follow your own ideas that ultimately help elevate our work and our impact on the public
As an ICT Desktop Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support to teams and individuals across the Commission.
Investigating and resolving 2nd line IT issues for both software and hardware, you will offer technical assistance keeping end users informed of progress and escalating major issues.
You will maintain operational documentation and ensure best practice is followed to support business continuity and our security accreditation. Taking a user-focused approach, you will aim to resolve IT incidents efficiently whilst embracing Agile ways of working and enabling the smooth delivery of ICT solutions.
Your role will also involve:
- Proactively provide ICT advice, guidance and expertise to colleagues within the Commission
- Supporting the delivery of ICT services to agreed outcomes and deadlines
- Ensuring input into all systems is accurate, kept up to date and quality checks are undertaken
- Ensuring that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems
- Maintaining your awareness of emerging technology solutions
- Proactively advising of the potential benefits of technology developments
To be considered as an ICT Desktop Support Engineer, you will need:
- Experience and working knowledge of supporting Office 365 suite SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, IBM Products, CRMs, Memex and other ICT software applications and software
- Experience and working knowledge of all ICT hardware including supporting, administering and maintaining Microsoft Surface Tablets and Surface Hubs through Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- An understanding and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Intune to configure iPhones and iPads
- The ability to be flexible and consider new ways of working to adapt to varied workloads prioritising work based on risk and impact
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Engineer, IT Support Analyst, or Senior Helpdesk Technician.
The closing date for applications is the 1st August 2021.
Interviews for this role will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
It is anticipated that we will go back into the office on a flexible agile basis from September.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an ICT Desktop Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.