Assistant National Lottery Regulatory Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We’re currently looking for an Assistant National Lottery Regulatory Manager to join our growing team in Birmingham.
This role is available as a full-time, part-time or job share opportunity.
- Salary of circa £25,000 per annum (pro rata if part time)
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday per annum (pro rata if part time)
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As an Assistant National Lottery Regulatory Manager, you will play an integral support role in the regulation of the National Lottery’s operator.
Joining the National Lottery Third Licence Team, you will lead on and provide support across a range of initiatives and projects. You will help the team to deliver their regulatory duties to ensure that the National Lottery is ran with due propriety, that player interests are protected, and returns to good causes are optimised.
Some of your duties will include:
- Identifying and assessing regulatory risks and issues and making recommendations
- Taking ownership of the co-ordination and governance of projects
- Leading on performance monitoring and reporting activities
- Carrying out targeted analysis and research
- Preparing and co-ordinating presentations for the Committee and wider stakeholders
To join us as an Assistant National Lottery Regulatory Manager, you will need:
- The ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data and information, as well as evaluating operator performance
- The ability to analyse and understand non-complex licensing proposals, or specific elements of more complex proposals, and interpret evidence swiftly
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation abilities
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- A good level of IT proficiency, including strong MS Excel skills
Other organisations may call this role Regulatory Advisor, Compliance Advisor, Assistant Compliance Manager, Licensing Specialist, Licensing Compliance Specialist, or Regulatory Licensing Specialist.
We can offer this opportunity on a full-time, part-time or job share basis.
The closing date for applications is the 24th January 2021. Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 28th January with Friday 29th January being held in reserve.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Assistant National Lottery Regulatory Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.