IT Infrastructure Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands (hybrid working)
We are currently looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Birmingham where you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving the Commission’s IT infrastructure.
- Salary of c£40,000 per annum
- Civil service pension, with an employer contribution rate of 27%
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
- 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means working in an organisation certified as a Great Place to work, respects work-life balance, and completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself. If you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be working in a semi-autonomous manner, contributing to the continuous improvement and efficiency of the Commission’s IT systems, and responsible for ensuring they remain robust and resilient through a proactive programme of maintenance. You must be aware of new and emerging technologies especially those that place a strong focus on cloud principles and security.
Your role will also involve:
- Acting as a technical specialist for the Commission.
- Ensuring that any IT activities carried out meet requirements and adhere to business continuity and security accreditation arrangements.
- Writing and maintaining IT documentation, ensuring that it is relevant and kept up to date for various audiences.
- Work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and adopt a flexible approach to enable smooth delivery of IT solutions.
- Investigating, resolving and anticipating problems and escalate risks in line with the Commission's agreed policies and procedures.
To be considered as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will need experience of skills in the following:
- Microsoft Azure stack IaaS and PaaS workloads including Azure AD, Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 platform including SharePoint Online (incl. OneDrive), Exchange Online, Teams, Security and Compliance
- Identity Management (AD, AAD, ADFS, SAML)
- Windows 10, Windows Server and Hyper-V architecture including security, resilience and performance considerations
- Microsoft Active Directory including DNS, ADCS and Group Policy
- Microsoft deployment and management technologies including System Center Endpoint Manager and Operations Manager, image design and deployment
- Mobile device management, security and compliance
- Scripting, including PowerShell for AD and Azure
- IT hardware and software solutions
- TCP/IP networking
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
The closing date for applications is 26th March 2023.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Infrastructure Engineer, IT Engineer, IT Architecture Engineer, Azure Engineer, or IT Systems Engineer.