Birmingham, West Midlands (with hybrid working)
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Facilities Manager, predominately based at our Birmingham office, to provide facilities services and support on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of circa £37,000 per annum
- Civil service pension, with an employer contribution rate of 27.1%
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
- 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Facilities Manager, you will oversee the general maintenance of our office and ensure the building is compliant with health and safety legislation.
Undertaking minor and major changes to facilities systems, you will ensure service failures are mitigated where possible, logging work as well as managing contracts.
You will also ensure services such as access control, CCTV, photocopiers and catering equipment are set up as well as maintaining stationary supplies and consumables.
Your role will also involve:
- Acting as our landlord’s main point of contact concerning health and safety
- Ensuring post room activities are actioned and adhere to our Information Management Security policy
- Collecting and collating environmental statistics to support reporting
To be considered as a Facilities Manager, you will need:
- Experience working within public sector purchasing rules and/or frameworks and developing and managing contracts with third parties
- Experience as a Health and Safety lead and providing a robust risk assessment system
- Experience in developing relationships with building management teams and other tenant’s facilities teams
- Good knowledge of service specifications and schedules
- Strong organisation and planning skills
Experience managing a satellite office and subletting office space would be advantageous.
The closing date for this role is 9th December 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: incomplete applications will be discounted from short-listing. Please ensure your application is fully completed and submitted before logging out of your account.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
Webrecruit and the Gambling Commission are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to take your next step as a Facilities Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.