L&D Specialist – Fixed-Term Contract
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We want to focus on designing and delivering learning solutions to equip our colleagues with essential knowledge and skills, as well as developing successful behaviours aligned to our ways of working here at the Commission.
As such, we’re currently looking for a L&D Specialist to join us on a fixed-term basis to help us build and deliver our learning offering.
- Salary of c£36,000 pro rata
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday pro rata
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential.
Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a L&D Specialist, you’ll rapidly design and deliver a range of interventions to target the development of management, leadership and business skills and behaviours.
This role is key to helping us build and deploy an effective learning curriculum as part of our Learning Strategy. Our ambition is to develop our people and skills for the future, helping us to improve the way we regulate.
Working with the Head of OD & Transformation, you will:
- Champion our learning agenda and engage, advise and guide colleagues at all levels
- Equip colleagues with essential knowledge, skills and behaviours to improve their contribution, both personally and collectively
- Ensure the content and methodology of solutions are effective, using technology to enable rich learning experiences wherever possible
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
To join us as our L&D Specialist, you’ll need:
- Experience of working with businesses to design and facilitate L&D experiences or wider initiatives for clients with a virtual and tech-enabled focus
- Previous experience of designing and delivering solutions virtually (via e-learning courses, workshops and other interventions using technology such as Skype or Microsoft Teams)
- To be confident in designing solutions using blended learning methods, applying the 70-20-10 model
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- To be passionate about helping people learn and grow and have evidence of helping organisations achieve positive learning cultures
Other organisations may call this role Learning & Development Project Manager, Learning Designer, Training Project Manager, L&D Project Manager, or Learning & Development Programme Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 13th August 2020.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype and inductions will be handled remotely if necessary.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a L&D Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.