Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently seeking a policy implementation Programme Manager to join our Policy team. You will be responsible for co-ordinating multiple workstreams relating to the regulatory implementation of the Government’s Gambling Act Review. This role requires a significant level of complex strategic programme delivery experience and understanding of the public policy making process.
- Salary of c£50,000 per annum
- Civil service pension, employer contribution rate of 27.9%
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
- 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Programme Manager, you will support the Executive Director in ensuring the Commission’s programme that follows the Gambling Act Review, successfully delivers change to time, cost and quality parameters.
Your role will also involve:
- Co-ordinating workstreams, ensuring dependencies and risks to delivery are properly identified, negotiating resources to support workstreams and ensuring priorities are clearly understood.
- Building strong strategic relationships internally and externally to influence, challenge and improve the way we regulate.
- Overseeing risk and issue management, maintaining integrity and coherence of the programme and governance framework.
- Experience of leading the development and roll-out of a multi-year plan to deliver multiple workstreams across different areas of policy development and implementation.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and building strategic relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and mitigate strategic and operational risks.
- Experience in monitoring delivery against success criteria, setting project controls, being accountable for performance and responding to recommendations.
A MSP, P3O, or APM qualification and an understanding of regulation and regulatory environments would be desirable.
The closing date for this role is 1st December 2022.
As the regulator of the National Lottery, there are some roles within the Commission that are prohibited from playing the National Lottery. This does not affect your family playing. We will let you know at interview if the role you have applied for is on the Prohibited List.
PLEASE NOTE: incomplete applications will be discounted from short-listing. Please ensure your application is fully completed and submitted before logging out of your account.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next opportunity as a Programme Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.