Regulatory Delivery Manager (Products & Innovation)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Delivery Manager to join our team in Birmingham and play a key role in how new products and innovations affect our delivery work.
- Salary of c£38,000 per annum
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Regulatory Delivery Manager, you will be tasked with translating gambling regulation into action and ensuring that the industry understands and adheres to gambling legislation.
Working as part of the Compliance Team, you will specifically be responsible for using your analysis skills and the evaluation of products and innovations to inform our risk-based approach to compliance. Working across Regulatory Delivery, you will undertake end-to-end casework to ensure that consumers are protected.
Your role will involve:
- Ensuring policy is implemented effectively
- Devising new ways to regulate a continually changing landscape
- Staying informed about new and emerging gambling products and innovations
- Identifying and evaluating new and emerging risks and judging their compliance
- Informing how we prioritise compliance assessment activity and educate colleagues
- Guiding compliance colleagues in assessment work
- Leading assessments of larger and more complex online and land-based businesses
- Leading project teams and evaluating and presenting the results from compliance activity
- Identifying risks to the licensing objectives and the reputation of the Commission
- Analysing and reviewing data on the largest and most complex operators and identifying key areas of risk
- Managing compliance engagement with a portfolio of licensees
- Acting as resource manager for a team of compliance colleagues
To be considered as a Regulatory Delivery Manager, you will need:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry and the range of online and land-based products
- The ability to identify, analyse and evaluate new industry products and innovations
- Excellent report writing skills so that you can translate your analysis and findings to inform work planning and to develop understanding across the GC
- Experience of managing project work and managing relationships
- Experience of leading assessments and/or audits of online products and/or services
- To be adaptable and comfortable with change and the continual improvement that is required to be a successful risk-based regulator
- Interviewing and auditing skills and the ability to communicate with senior officers and legal advisors for large organisations
- The ability to manage the work of others, ensuring that colleagues are working to deadlines and producing high-quality work
- Excellent attention to detail in all your work but also be able to complete work at pace, within tight deadlines
- To be adaptable/flexible when dealing with reactive work at short notice
- The willingness to travel
The demonstrable ability to present and/or provide training to small and large audiences would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Gambling Regulatory Specialist, Gambling Regulation Team Manager, Gambling Compliance Manager, or Gambling Product Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 19th September 2021.
Interviews for this role will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
Please note, we are working towards a hybrid working model and are very open to discussing what will work for you
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
To apply for the role of Regulatory Delivery Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.