National Lottery Commercial Manager (Good Causes)
Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a National Lottery Commercial Manager to join us on a fixed-term contract until the 31st December 2021. Internally, this role is known as Maximisation Manager.
- Salary of circa £36,000 pro rata
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday pro rata
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As the National Lottery Commercial Manager, you will support the regulation of the National Lottery’s operator.
Forming part of the National Lottery Third Licence Team, you will lead a range of initiatives to ensure that the current operator is doing everything possible to maximise returns to good causes.
You will get involved with a range of projects, including investment proposal assessments. This will involve liaising with the operator, conducting appropriate analysis on the likely impact of change on returns to good causes and forming well-supported recommendations, along with making decisions under delegated authority as appropriate.
Some of your duties will include:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the complex financial mechanics of the National Lottery
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysing large volumes of quantitative data and qualitative information to ascertain a range of options and produce a preferred recommendation
- Preparing recommendations, drafting papers and presenting to key governance groups
- Managing and delivering the post-approval process of investments
- Monitoring National Lottery performance and reporting outputs relating to the maximisation of returns to good causes
To join us as the National Lottery Commercial Manager, you will need:
- The ability to analyse and understand complex licensing proposals and interpret evidence swiftly, highlighting risks and trends where appropriate and identifying well-reasoned and pragmatic recommendations on how to proceed
- Financial knowledge, such as reviewing accounts and/or investment proposals
- Strong MS Excel skills and the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data and information, along with evaluating operator performance
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present confidently and concisely to a variety of audiences and recommending suitable actions
Other organisations may call this role Commercial Regulations Manager, Regulatory Manager, Senior Regulatory Advisor, Senior Commercial Compliance Advisor, Compliance Manager, Analyst, or Commercial Compliance Manager.
We can offer this opportunity on a full-time, part-time or job share basis.
The closing date for applications is the 31st January 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held remotely via Microsoft Teams on the 4th and 5th February 2021.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a National Lottery Commercial Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.